Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Lovely Bones (2009) Preview

finally, even though it's just an Entertainment Tonight montage. I'm not sure how I feel about this now. I might agree Mark Wahlberg could ruin this thing, and it does seem potentially, overly-serious. Dead Like Me had some great comic-relief, which is why this-kind-of premise worked in its case. I know the stories are a lot different, but when you get into full-on intense-drama, the charm or I suppose scifi intrigue of this story can take a back seat sadly.

We need less Sixth Sense, and more The Jacket, and I'll start to be more interested again. Some of the castings aren't bad Michael Imperioli (Life on Mars), Sarandon, Stanley Tucci and Rachel Weisz. So that is worth keeping in mind along with it being Peter Jackson.

No comments :