Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Editors - In This Light and On This Evening (2009)



1. In This Light And On This Evening
2. Bricks And Mortar
3. Papillon
4. You Don't Know Love
5. The Big Exit
6. The Boxer
7. Like Treasure
8. Eat Raw Meat = Blood Drool
9. Walk The Fleet Road

This album is being released on October 12th. I suppose I'm asking myself the question, why I'm even writing about it. Editors are a band I briefly got into back in 2007, but then after seeing them live, I kind of concluded they were rather samey, especially the guitar parts.

But, I suppose I like to follow-up and hope for something different every so often with what I'd call "fringe" artists. I tried with the group now known as Stomacher, and failed. Whereas with say As Tall As Lions, it was a mild success.

Editos 1st single off the record Papillon leaked recently. Here's a live video:



Not amazing, but they still sound much better than the band they get compared to, in Interpol.

No comments :