Monday, December 18, 2017

LOST IN VEGAS: YouTube Channel

Lost in Vegas on YouTube

I think I shared the Dream Theater - Metropolis Reaction video from these guys a few weeks ago in here (if I didn't I should still). I know I did on Social Media.

Anyway, these guys are 1 of my newest addictions. In short, it's 2 Black dudes checking out songs live in front of the camera, for the most part un-edited, etc often for the 1st time.

And maybe most significant is they are Reacting (and Reviewing in some cases) a lot of Metal including prog and extreme Metal.

Gojira, Opeth, Ne Obliviscaris, Avenged Sevenfold, Meshuggah, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Slayer, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath are among the Metal songs they've made Reaction videos to.

I guess their backgrounds musically is Hip-Hop/Rap and some RandB, but they both seem really open-minded and are finding to enjoy a lot of the stuff I and many others enjoy.

Now if you look at their Video History and daily/weekly videos, they do react and review a lot of Hip-Hop and other styles, but I get the sense from the large number of requests, Metal has become a much bigger part of their channel than maybe they intended it to be when they launched it some 7 or 8 months ago.

And they have like 184 Thousand Subscribers, lol.

Myself, who doesn't upload nearly as often, is struggling to get to 100 Subscribers after nearly 3 years, LOL.

But, I really enjoy their channel even with what seems like an overnight snowball success story. They're just funny and entertaining as hell, especially for the songs or artists I know about.

Really, this might be the best YouTube Channel discovery for me since MinistryofMusic (at least since he left). I am curious to see every day what song they may React and Review. 

Also their polls on Twitter are cool. They did 1 recently to React to 1 song from 1 of 4 artists (Rush was in there), and it turned out to be Led Zeppelin who won. And they said they want to React to a non-radio/popular track, so not Stairway to Heaven. I mentioned Achilles Last Stand. I guess we'll see what it is. I'm awfully curious regardless per my love/fandom for Zeppelin anyway.

Also there's another channel I discovered the other day, that I may have to share in here if it ends up being like Lost in Vegas, which I suspect it may in some ways.