Sunday, March 13, 2011

Klimt 1918 - Die Sentimentale Jugend (2011) (1.0)



their tumblr post


How Will Be Called the forthcoming Klimt's 1918 album?


For months, I am haunted by "The Sentimental Jugend", or "Die Jugend Sentimental." This is a clear reference to the homonymous band formed in 1981 by Einstürzende Neubauten's Alexander Hacke and Christiane Vera aka Felscherinow Christiane F. author of the book "Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo". This is not a musical tribute to language infatuation But Rather (Sentimental Jungend played cacophonous noise). I'm in love with the cold atmospheres Described in the novel's Felscherinow. I long thought of Berlin, I thought the memories That tie me to this city. There is enough material to write a concept album.


For now, I Wrote These Words in huge letters on my Moleskine notebook: Sentimental Jugend. The images from the words flow. The notes with how the remembrance.


It will be a Solemn and cold album, like a winter walk along the icy Karl Marx Strasse.


As the new album will be titled Klimt 1918?


For months, I am haunted by "The Sentimental Jugend", or "Die Jugend Sentimental." This is a clear reference to the homonymous band formed in 1981 by Alexander Hacke of Einstürzende Neubauten and Christiane Vera Felscherinow better known by his stage name Christiane F. author of the book "We the children of the Berlin Zoo."


This is not a musical tribute or stylistic (the Sentimental Jugend sounded cacophonous noise rather noisy), but simply linguistic. I love the cold conditions described in the book of Felscherinow. I thought long and hard in Berlin, the memories that tie me to this city. There is enough material to write a concept album.


For now, I wrote these words in huge letters on my Moleskine: Sentimental Jugend. The images derive from the words. The notes accompanying the remembrance.


Album will be a cold and solemn, like a winter walk along the icy Karl Marx Strasse
.

Back in 2006, I became pretty obsessed with this band's 2nd LP, 2005's Dopoguerra. Great energy, catchy, double-bass, etc. Kind of reminded me of dredg or like a heavier/hard-rock version of U2 at times. Although most people said they were a poor-man's Katatonia, which I couldn't agree with in much if in any way.

So, in 2008, they released Just in Case We'll Never Meet Again (Soundtrack for the Cassette Generation) which while it had some good music on it, didn't quite compare to Dopoguerra. Although I did go back to it after purchasing a copy, and enjoyed it a little more than I did initially. But I still feel it was a disappointment, mainly due to how great Dopoguerra was.

I even would say I like their 1st LP Undressed Momento more than Just In Case....

But that all being said, I and I'm sure many others are looking forward to hearing a new record from these guys.

The title Die Sentimentale Jugend aka "The Sentimental Jugend" doesn't give much. And that quote above from their tumblr blog is a google-translator translation from Italian to English.

When this is released, track list, artwork, etc, I imagine may be still a few months away. But bumps and/or 2nd/3rd entries will be put in here at that time.