Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Godspeed You Black Emperor - Luciferian Towers (2016-2017)

8/30/17 12:50PM
1st/opening track "Undoing A Luciferian Towers" is up.

l8tr/tomorrow for me.


7/13/17 6:06PM
Link

Release Date is September 22nd.

Lol at some of the political descriptions in this and the image below, but if the music is good, it won't matter. At least the vinyl is being pressed on recycled material, which fwiw, Cloud Cult almost may approve of.

I am not sure how much to expect though as their last record from 2015, 'Asunder Sweet And Other Distress, had more than enough drone/doom work for me to enjoy. The crescendos, when they work, make this band standout. And they were surreal live. But their approach at times focuses a little too much on slow, dissonant, chords that drag on more than I usually love. And I often suspect the hipsters who claim to be huge fans, probably latch on to them, also claim to love a lot of the boring Doom and Drone Metal, lol. Which to me, isn't really good Metal unless it is coming from Black Sabbath or a few other exceptions.

But this is their 1st album of new music I think, since they ended their hiatus about 7 years ago. Which might mean something (good or bad I guess).

4 songs, 44+ minutes.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor to Reportedly Return with New Album 'Luciferian Towers'

1. Undoing a Luciferian Towers
2. Bosses Hang
3. Fam/Famine
4. Anthem For No State

cst126 Godspeed You! Black Emperor to release new album, Luciferian Towers