Saturday, May 28, 2016

The Monkees - Good Times! LISTENING PARTY review

Today was a big day for my fiancee, and here's her comments about the actual Listening Party experience at Down in the Valley.

There's obviously more to the story, but I guess it may not be worth elaborating about it here/now, etc. But to be vague, I guess a "Listening Party" was not exactly what she and I imagined. The one's Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree and Mutemath I recall were much more FAN ORIENTED, and more eventful. But per a video in California at Amoeba Records, it was more like that.

But then again, this is Minnesota and it was hardly promoted, so the numbers that we saw, and maybe Down in the Valley anticipated were not huge, or maybe comparable for a typical "Listening Party"?

I can at least be happy I found a copy of a record I was looking for on RSD back in April.

But, when it comes down to it, a new album from The Monkees doesn't come out much, and the 1st one in 20 years. So this is the 1st New Release date from them in that long.