Friday, July 20, 2012

Daniel Johns - Atlas (2012)

I guess this is something totally different from the My Minds Own Melody soundtrack Daniel Johns is doing/did.

It's going to show up in some ads for the Olympics. Hopefully it will be released or available to listen to on its own (if it makes sense) at some point.

http://www.chairpage.com/news/item/357/

Iconic Australian musician, Daniel Johns, winner of 21 ARIA awards and three times winner of APRA’s songwriter of the year, has written, arranged and performed an epic new piece called “Atlas” in a unique collaboration with the Australian Chamber Orchestra and Qantas. The piece forms the soundtrack for the new Qantas brand and Olympic advertising.

"Creating ATLAS has been a unique experience for me. When Qantas first approached me, I agreed to the project as I was really into the idea of creating a piece of music that represented Australia. I wanted it to sound big, something special. It was a conscious effort to create a good piece of music and not just a jingle. I've also wanted to work with the Australian Chamber Orchestra for a long time now so it was great to be finally be able to do that. I'm really happy with how the song turned out" - Daniel Johns