Monday, November 29, 2010

Return to Forever "Seventh Galaxy" Tour in 2011



facebook link

Return to Forever is doing a "7th Galaxy" tour next year with Bill Connors returning and Jean-Luc Ponty joining Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke and Lenny White.

Perth, Riverside Theatre - Wednesday Feb 9
Melbourne, Regent Theatre - Friday Feb 11
Sydney, Opera House - Tuesday Feb 15
Brisbane, Convention Centre - Thursday Feb 17
Auckland, ASB Theatre - Saturday Feb 19

more dates including the US should be coming soon..





I'll fully admit, as much as I LOVE RTF, my experience with the Bill Connors-period is minimal at best. However, I have a friend who used to talk about how vastly superior Connors was to Al Di Meola, and ever since I've always meant to explore that period of music. Why I have yet to? time, opportunity, etc. The same probably I can say about the pre-classic period of Mahavishnu Orchestra and a lot of the Weather Report stuff. I have heard some of it before, but not to the point I know it. But I suppose one goal is from now until a tour date in Minneapolis is announced, I shall start to familiarize myself with it. Especially Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy which some consider as good if not better than Romantic Warrior

It's also cool that they have Jean-Luc Ponty in the lineup. Did the early RTF stuff include violin parts?..see, that shows how little I know right now.