Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Dear Hunter - The Colors Spectrum EPs (small update)

http://tdhcolors.com/

11/24/10 11:07PM

Green Song



I had to post this. Seth Deming (http://sdeming.blogspot.com/) created this video and while it isn't an official video, or an official recording of the song, the video is really beautiful and I wanted to promote it in any way I could. Please check it out and give him some love! He also has a video of another song from the house show that night.

11/22/10 5:17PM

cool to learn about Brendan Brown (The Receiving End of Sirens) playing bass

Recording Orange
Posted Nov 21, 2010 12:00:00 am

5 days ago we arrived in New England after a 10 day cross country jaunt- stopping at various houses along the way where I played some acoustic sets- but mostly embarrassed myself with awkward humor and long pauses.

After staying the night at my fiancee's parents house, Gary (The photographer who has filmed/photographed everything you'll see on this trip) and I made our way down to check into our hotel in Rhode Island. My brother's flight was getting in the next afternoon and we needed to plant our feet. After picking up my brother and touching base with Brendan Brown (playing bass on the orange EP) we headed to Strangeways studio in Providence RI to meet up with Mike Poorman, and start tracking basics.

Very excited with how the songs are translating, and can't wait to show everyone- though it will be some time.

I should have some video up fairly soon.


I dig the song in the background.