Saturday, October 27, 2018

Small Leaks Sink Ships - Polaroid People [EP] (2017-2018)

10/27/18 

This thing is out and fuck it is good. Only 4 tracks, but all wonderful.



9/16/18


Broken Church Bells.

I swear this band can do no wrong for me. Like Fjokra or Bend Sinister in some ways. I love seemingly every single they release. This new track from Polaroid People is another catchy, quirky, atmospheric banger.

I just don't know how they will be able to reach a wider audience that their music easily could find. I guess maybe touring more would help, but I've come to not assume anything. I do think as they've become one of my favorite artists this decade and in recent years, they have climbed higher and higher on my Bucket List to see live. But when and where? it almost seems as likely as I'll  get to see Jessy Ribordy live someday,  But, Portland, Oregon isn't incredibly far from Minnesota. But I need to find the time and money and schedule to do so. Maybe by say 2021, if I haven't seen them on a tour, and they have local shows in Portland scheduled, I could look to plan a trip there to see them.

maybe....



7/31/18
https://smallleaks.bandcamp.com/album/polaroid-people

 September 26th. Digital only (for now).

Love-this-band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

damn I was thinking, if their next album compares to their last 2, SLSS I probably would regard as a high-favorite. Like Bend Sinister or Menomena, or in some ways even more NOW per their new music is so good sounding to me.


1. Prism
2.Maurice's Monsters
3. Maurice's Bed Time Stories
4 Broken Church Bells



New EP coming from Small Leaks Sink Ships Polaroid People.

Release date and more details about it I'm sure are coming soon.

Some influences and it including 4 tracks are included here 

Golden Calf  I really do enjoy, while maybe not as much as Face Yourself and Remove Your Sandals, it still holds up and remains one of my favorites from last year.

1st track "Prism" = very much thumbs up. A little more electronic, but also the production really sounds good.

This band has to be one of if not my favorite band the last 3 or 4 years, and I honestly can't get enough from them right now.