Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Dear Hunter - PacSun Fall Tour with Manchester Orchestra

From the latest The Dear Hunter newsletter



Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are ecstatic to finally announce our fall United States tour schedule! We will be hitting the road as part of the Pacsun Tour with the fine musicians in Manchester Orchestra, White Denim and Little Hurricane. Thrice, La Dispute, Moving Mountains and O’Brother will also be joining us for one show in Magna, Utah.
We can’t wait to get back out there and hope to see you all when we come through your town!

Check out the tour dates below and Click Here to Pre-Order Your Tickets!
Tour Dates, Venues, & Cities
10/21/11 Warehouse Live-Houston, TX
10/22/11 Stubb’s BBQ-Austin, TX
10/23/11 The Palladium Ballroom-Dallas, TX
10/25/11 Rialto Theatre-Tucson, AZ
10/26/11 House of Blues-San Diego, CA
10/28/11 The Regency Ballroom-San Francisco, CA
10/29/11 Wonder Ballroom-Portland, OR
11/01/11 Saltair-Magna,Ut W/Thrice, La dispute, O’Brother, Moving Mountains, Manchester Orchestra, White Denim
11/02/11 The Summit Hall-Denver,CO
11/04/11 Bourbon Theatre-Lincoln, NE
11/05/11 Cabooze on the West Bank-Minneapolis, MN
11/07/11 House of Blues-Chicago, IL
11/08/11 Clutch’s Cargo-Pontiac, MI
11/09/11 Club Zoo-Pittsburgh, PA
11/11/11 Electric Factory-Philadelphia, PA
11/12/11 House of Blues-Boston, MA
11/13/11 Wellmont Theatre-Montclair, NJ
11/14/11 9:30 Club-Washington, DC
11/16/11 The National-Richmond, VA
11/17/11 Cat’s Cradle-Carrboro, NC
11/18/11 Amo’s Southend Music Hall-Charlotte, NC
11/19/11 Cannery Ballroom-Nashville, TN
11/21/11 Revolution-Ft Lauderdale, FL
11/22/11 House of Blue-Lake Buena Vista, FL

Have you purchased The Color Spectrum album yet? No? What are you waiting for!?


The good: we got a date, November 5th.

The bad: it's not at The Varsity Theater. And frankly, The Cabooze, while not my least favorite venue, is definitely not high on my list. The dredg show there last November kind of supported that. Although I've seen some other, better shows there like House of Fools. Rafael Saddique I'll admit wasn't bad, but still, seeing those acts at The Varsity or The Cedar would be much more preferable. Although I guess after the Fair to Midland show, perhaps any venue is more desirable than Station 4.

The Unknown: Manchester Orchestra I've known about for years, and recall hearing a few songs off and on, but not really caring for them. I recall they were kind of in your Scenester/Emo vein. Although I do like the couple of songs with their singer on The Color Spectrum, so the odds of seeing those tunes live add something. White Denim someone added to the New Prog list recently in Wikipedia. I did sample a song or 2 from them, and thought they were okay. But I can't be sure at this point what I think of them.

The other obvious thing is the Lifetime Membership. If TDH aren't headlining, I guess only 5 spots are available. I just sent in my email, so the odds are pretty good I'm 1 of the 1st 5. But of course there's no guarantee they will receive it based on the experience in June/July for the headlining show. But we'll see. Worst case scenario, I walk up with my laminate and mention the guest list thing and I'll be allowed in.