Wednesday, August 24, 2011

East of the Wall - The Apologist (2011) (1.0)

8/24/11 6:05AM

Here's a nice sample of "Whiskey Sipper." Uh, I'm liking this, and not hearing the cymbals clip. Good sign?

8/18/11 1:44PM

Facebook announcement



drop date is October 25th.


3/12/11 11:14PM




east of the wall's homepage

March 11th, 2011
EAST OF THE WALL Announce Recording Plans For New Album

EAST OF THE WALL is extremely excited to announce that they will enter the studio on May 8th to begin work on their next record, The Apologist. The New Jersey-based technical metal unit will be recording at Translator Audio in Brooklyn, New York with Andrew Schneider, renowned for his work with Cave In, Pelican, Keelhaul, Unsane, Rosetta, City of Ships, Made Out of Babies and many others.

The tentative track listing for The Apologist is as follows:

“False Build”
“Naif”
“Linear Failure”
“My Favorite Society Guy”
“Precious Memories”
“The Apologist”
“Running Tab of Sweetness”
“Horseback Riding In A Bicycle World”
“A Functional Tumor”
“Nurser of Small Hurts”
“Whiskey Sipper”
“Underachiever”

The Apologist will be released this fall by Translation Loss Records, as with their acclaimed previous album, 2010’s Ressentiment. EAST OF THE WALL will be supporting the record with extensive touring.

In addition, Ressentiment, will be released on vinyl in Europe on March 11th, via Germany’s I.Corrupt.Records. Preorders for American import copies are currently being taken at the band’s official website: www.eastofthewall.com.

EAST OF THE WALL upcoming shows:
3/24/2011 Union Pool – Brooklyn, NY w/ Meek Is Murder (record release show) and Wizardry
4/02/2011 Dingbatz – Clifton, NJ (Jay Sica benefit) w/ Abacinate, The Binary Code, Fit for An Autopsy, Sydbarret, The Ghost In Black and White, many more

Stay tuned for continuous updates on the band’s live actions as well as updates on the upcoming album. Contact Earsplit PR for all press requests for EAST OF THE WALL.

www.eastofthewall.com
www.facebook.com/eastofthewall
www.translationloss.com
- East Of The Wall

While their follow-up record (in a way), 2010's Ressentiment, I didn't care for, I am still certainly interested to hear this. 2008's Farmer's Almanac is one of the best instrumental/heavy post/prog-rock albums in recent years. Ressentiment did have vocals on it, which actually, I recall wasn't really an issue I had with it. The highly compressed cymbal mixes/masters are largely what made me struggle to get through it. I remember trying twice to play it, and it was almost painful. I forced myself to partly due to the fact they were playing a concert in town soon after hearing it. And partially due to how much I enjoyed Farmer's Almanac.

And at that show last Summer, which was a last-minute booking at Tarnish & Gold, which I sadly arrived too late to see them, I got to chat with 1 or more of the members, and I recall them not denying the production issues. They were cool guys anyway. But believing them following my take on their last album, I hope those compression issues on the cymbals will not be evident again with this next record The Apologist, and is one I and many others will enjoy.

The other thing about Ressentiment was how it was a collection of old demos re-recorded I guess, whereas this new album is ALL NEW music which gives more reason for optimism. They're really more of a "band" now, as opposed to before being members of 3 different projects (Postman Syndrome, Day Without Dawn, and Biclops)