Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Subbing for Modern Kicks on KFAI Radio 10/14/15

So I was given the chance to sub again for the Modern Kicks show on KFAI radio last night/early this morning and here's my and Joyce's playlist

The show itself, went overall pretty well, although I'll admit the transitions could have been better and my issue with the "uh's" and "um's" but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to avoid those, but perhaps at least reduce them 

Also the station/studio has a brand new setup for the Promo Carts being automated, except I'm not clear on how to stop and play a different one later, that was previously lined up and skipped. I didn't realize by doing this, it skips further down in the schedule, thus the 1st 2 or 3 carts I didn't quite get in. But I'll know for next time.

And the fact they have new cd players, which the cds just go directly into without a TRAY. 
I.e. it was equipment I had to learn to use on the fly.

But my playlist is more or less a best-of 2015 and some 2014 stuff, which sort of spoils my Countdown slightly, but so be it.

Click On or "Save As" ..the "Listen Now" Link until 10/27 11:59PM

(Kyle)

Timbre/Night Girl: Nycteris Sees the Sun/Sun and Moon/Aurora Music 2015 5:49
Dream the Electric Sleep/Elizabeth/Heretics/Self Released 2014 8:22
Kaddisfly/The Painter/Horses Galloping on Sailboats/In the Clouds 2015 5:05
Major Parkinson/The Wheelbarrow/Twilight Cinema/Degaton Records 2014 7:52
VENNART/Doubt/The Demon Joke/Superball Music 2015 4
Mew/Rows/+ -/Play It Again/Universal Music 2015 1
The Dear Hunter/King of Swords (Reversed)/Act IV: Reprise and
Rebirth/Equal Vision 2015 5:07
Kevin Gilbert/Because of You (Demo)/Thud: Deluxe Edition/PRA 2015 4:38
Fjokra/Koi/Mellowsound Sessions/Self Release 2014 4:42


(Joyce)
The Orion Experience/Vampire/NYC Girl [EP]/
Sir Video/Backdoor Baby/Light Years [EP] Part II 2015
The Bird and the Bee/Doctor/Recreational Love 2015
Flight of the Concords/Carol Brown/I Told You I Was Freaky 2011
Brendan Benson/What I'm Looking For/Alternative to Love/ 2005
DJ Cassidy ft Jessy J & Robin Thicke/Calling All Hearts/Calling All Hearts 2014

(Kyle)

Everything Everything/To the Blade/Get to Heaven/Sony RCA 2015 4:12
Small Leaks Sink Ships/Midnight Jinn/Face Yourself, and Remove Your
Sandals/101 Distribution 2015 



Background:
Put Down the Muffin/Charged Particles 2014