Friday, March 20, 2015

God is an Astronaut - Helios | Erebus (2014-2015)



http://godisanastronaut.com/

Another record from one of the better Post Rock bands still around. Being released on June 21st. I swear their last 2 records, I was up for when they came out, and then I just forgot about them.

edit: Origins from 2013

Age of the Fifth Sun from 2010, I recall liking, although not as much as their earlier records, In fairness, that was not that long after I got into these guys., But Origins I don't remember a ton about, so I guess with this new upcoming record, I can't totally expect a huge amount from.

Their best record for me still remains 2005's All Is Violent, All Is Bright. If I recall, features some nice samples and of course piano. Frankly, 2 of the things of what I love and think of this band for.

Per the trailer for Helios | Erebus, there isn't any indication of a ton of that on this record, but it's only 49 seconds.