Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fair to Midland: Ryan Collier (ex-Opus Dai) to fill-in for December dates



facebook post

12/01 Mesa, AZ – The Underground
12/03 Bakersfield, CA – B Ryders
12/04 Sacramento, CA – Ace Of Spades
12/06 Portland, OR – Hawthorne Theatre
12/07 Seattle, WA – Studio Seven
12/09 Salt Lake City, UT – In The Venue
12/10 Denver, CO – Marquis Theatre
12/12 Cedar Falls, IA – The Wheelhouse
12/13 Minneapolis, MN – Varsity Theater
12/15 Chicago, IL – Subterranean
12/16 Milwaukee, WI – The Rave
12/17 Flint, MI – The Machine Shop
12/19 Akron, OH – Musica
12/21 St. Louis, MO – Firebird

good to see they have someone to fill-in. I am a fan of Opus Dai, and in fact have been wondering what their status is, since they have posted stuff off and on since their last EP in 2008?

But when Ryan was with them? he may have been with them the show I saw in Minneapolis I want to say the fall of 2006? But I guess he never recorded with them.

He will be on the DVD that Fair to Midland are filming in Flint, MI. I'd love to go, but too many other things to pay-for and do, etc.

I wonder if he may join them full-time, perhaps this tour will be a bit of test? reminds me a little of when Kevin Moore left Dream Theater and Derek Sherinian came on board. Although who knows if Ryan is looking to join the band anyway.

I did read Fair to Midland received around 150 applications last week, lol. Good to know there's interest.