Saturday, February 27, 2010

Warpaint - TBA (2010)

Their debut album is apparently going to finally be released on August 17th, 2010

Source: Last.fm page.

interview with Jenny Lee Lindberg



They now apparently have a female drummer, so it's an all-girl 4-piece band now. This may sound a little creepy, but I think I could fall-in-love and could desire any/all 3 of them to have my babies, lol.

I mean I hope that doesn't hurt them, but whether they like it or not, they have a certain sex-appeal about them. Which considering like 90%+ of the musicians I gravitate towards on an emotional level are male, it's rare and nice to be able to have the level of attraction emotionally = the lust.

They're all pretty, sweet, and beautiful. It's pretty hard to avoid.

But, when this album comes out, they may become big, which I hope the experience with Local Natives of late, I'm just going to assume nobody will care about my recognition of them at least a bit before any of that goes down (assuming it does). Granted, with LN (Cavil at Rest) it was many years. I only was introduced to Warpaint's music in the Spring (March I recall) of last year. And really, I didn't revisit and discover how much I liked them until that show they played with School of Seven Bells in early October. So the duration of early foresight/luck with them is not exactly comparable to that of Cavil at Rest, but so be it.

If come Fall 2010/Winter 2011 they are the cat's ass, I can still claim to have been ahead of the curve. But I guess in their case, I'm just wanting to be happy for them and try not to be rubbed so poorly by the P4K hype.

Also I'm hardly their biggest or longest-time fan of course, given they have been around since 2004. But the same was true with CaR since they had been a band, locally for a few years before I caught on to them as well.

No comments :