Sunday, May 27, 2018

Shiina Ringo - 人生は夢だらけ (Life is Full of Dreams)



Oh man, this tune starts out a little slow, but about midway through the when the instrumentation kicks in, it totally rules. All major keys, but the video and tone/mood fits. It has a bit of a Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" vibe to it, which as it turns out, Shiina Ringo covered .

I haven't thought about Shiina in quite awhile, but knowing her, she's like Prince or Steven Wilson I suppose in that she always seems to be making new music, so I probably have missed a lot.

Edit: I wishlisted her album  逆輸入 ~航空局~ (Reverse import ~ Aviation station ~ which came out December 6th, but never got around to it. I suppose part of that is I don't frequent the places her music is talked about much, but that should not be an excuse.

I'll have to try and find a way to hear this record soon for sure. The ratings and comments on rym are very positive about it.