Friday, November 22, 2013

Neverending White Lights News (Act IV/Pledgemusic, More.)

Pretty excited for this. 2011's Act III: Love Will Ruin (part 1, it was titled anyway), was still of the quality of the other Act records for the most part. I know Jimmy Gnecco though recorded a song for Act III: Love Will Ruin, but it didn't end up on that record in 2011, so I wonder if it'll be on this. Although the way Daniel mentions he WILL BE RECORDING it in February, might suggest it won't. But maybe a few of songs recorded will still be included, re-recorded, or released as bonus tracks.

However, memory serves me that Daniel unfortunately lost a lot, if not all of his computer and recording technology due to flooding in his home towards the end of 2011, so maybe the song Jimmy was on, and the other songs intended for part 2 of Act III are gone sadly. That would explain much of why an Act III part 2 may not come out. But, from memory, many of those songs, Daniel was excited to release, which seems like it would be a shame to not have them be heard by more people and be released.

All possible answers that may or may not come. But this new record should come, and should be well worth talking about and hearing, when my time allows (it may be coming sooner than I anticipated with some recent success at work for myself).

Given NWL is a project that includes many Canadian guest musicians, I've always wondered/wanted to come up with a top 5 or 10 wishlist for a NWL record for guests. Here's a few of them (bands, or just members of the bands), just among Canadian acts:

Bend Sinister
Bruce Peninsula 
Chromeo
Malajube
The Besnard Lakes
Memoryhouse
People for Audio
The Most Serene Republic
The Darcys
Henry and the Nightcrawlers

But the below text is the latest newsletter Daniel Victor sent out earlier today. I'm sure I'll pass along info about Act IV and the Pledgemusic Campaign when it's posted.



Hey Friends,

I wanted to take this opportunity to personally address our mailing list and say thank you for being a part of everything we've done in the past. Moving forward, I have big plans and new directions.

I'm happy to announce I will be recording an ACT IV early next year with a release scheduled hopefully for spring/summer! However, I will not be making this album unless I have the support of our fans, friends, and well wishers. In February 2014, we will be launching a PLEDGE MUSIC CAMPAIGN to join all of our fans around the world together to make this project something more memorable and more hands on. I will be asking for people to pledge towards the making of the album in return for some amazing goodies, experiences, and opportunities! I'm also going to try to somehow make it possible for people to help vote and decide who you'd want to be on the next album. I'm also going to give away one spot to BE on the new album! It's going to be a lot of fun, and in the interest of the most important thing in the world: MAKING GREAT MUSIC. I ask that you will help spread the word when the time comes and work together with me to see this come to life. More on that later, and I thank you in advance for helping out.

In the meantime, you can catch me DJing on our internet radio station, www.lovelessradio.com. Every Friday 10PM - 2AM ET is our Alternative Dance Night streaming live. We play everything from Radiohead and The Cure to Bloc Party and U2. This radio station will be growing in the upcoming while with interviews, live music, and other cool additions. Stay tuned for that. And don't be afraid to tune in at anytime to hear great streaming songs 24/7.

Follow me on Twitter for everything: @iamneverending
And on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WhiteLights

Now for the CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT:

We have not done a single show in our favourite city in over a year. I love Toronto at Christmas. See you there!

Neverending White Lights LIVE at Tattoo Rock Parlour

Friday December 20/2013

Doors 9:00pm

$15 advanced tickets can be purchased at http://inktickets.com/show.cfm?id=110501

Don't miss your chance to see them live!

www.tattooqueenwest.com