Saturday, May 14, 2011

Riverside - Memories in My Head [EP] (2011)



1. Goodbye Sweet Innocence
2. Living In The Past
3. Forgotten Land

3 tracks, 33 minutes I guess. And it's some kind of special 10th Anniversary release, coming out on June 28th.

Riverside, lol, one of the most overhyped and overrated bands in the modern progressive rock scene, over the last 6 or 7 years. Why am I even posting about this then? Well, for one thing, their last record Anno Domini High Definition was by far the most listenable and melodic record they have made. And pretty much the only good thing they've ever done.

But naturally, the next thing a band does after making the 1st thing I like by them, I'm curious about. However, given pretty much every other record they've made seemed like a big waste of my time, I am not really expecting brilliance here. But any follow up from an album I like, I want to hear and hope for the best.