Sunday, February 18, 2024

Sheryl Crow - Sheryl Crow (1992)

 


Never spent much time with this, but Kevin co-wrote "All Kinds of People" at least.

It's unreleased and it has a Christian element which isn't often something I care for. And Sheryl is not typically my thing despite the history with Kevin and my wife loving a lot of her music.

But for the sake of Kevin, this is 1 I probably should get to know better, even if it is unreleased. It does sound very much of a Kevin Gilbert work in a lot of ways. MUCH different than Tuesday Night Music Club in fact.

Is it like those demos and things that the TMC made before they changed? I kind of doubt it since it's not with the other members besides Kevin and Sheryl presumably.

"All Kinds of People" has been covered by many including Tina Turner and Susan Ashton (per a note on the dreamtheaterforums).