Friday, February 23, 2024

Giant Sky III - The Final Record?

This is from the latest email newsletter: Sounds like the next Giant Sky album could be the last, but could be even bigger than Giant Sky II by a lot.

I regret to announce that this could be the end.

It's been a couple of months since the release of Giant Sky II, and the reception has been overwhelming. The CDs sold out, and the vinyls left counts less than a handfull. I am thrilled to see you take part in the journey of GIANTSKY, and I am humbled to have so many loyal followers (I know we are not millions, but goddamn we are high quality! Go Spartans!)Also, I think this is the time to touch base with my favourite music enthusiasts: The SkyHeads.Some of you are old school, and merged from the Soup camp, and some of you arrived here by chance. You have been part of my journey as a songwriter, musician and human being, and I am forever grateful. Now, as I am embarking on the final piece of the GIANTSKY trilogy, I am finding myself at a crossroad. What happens next? Will I still be making music? Do I have any more in me? I promised myself that I will never make music out of spite: The moment my inspiration runs out, I will stop. I am not sure what the future will bring, but one thing I am sure of, is that I want Giant Sky III to be as good as it can be. I want it to be the masterpiece. In the case of eternal FOMO, I would love for you to get on board now. And that's why I have come here for help.

Ok, so here's the thing: Even though I make music first and foremost for myself, I am curious about what you like about my music (both Soup and GIANTSKY) and what you'd like to see/hear more of? I would really appreciate some input on this. Also, for GS3, I want to implement even more orchestral passages, and be ambitious to the production of my compositions. This is extremely demanding, both financially and logistically. If you want to support this, and want your name in the liner notes of the vinyl of Giant Sky III, you can do it here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/recording-orchestra-for-giant-sky-iiiOn a more culture-political note, the sheer amount of artists calling for attention these days makes it super hard for a project like GIANTSKY to get any reach. If you have any bright ideas to ways of breaking the surface and making a splash, I would love to hear your thoughts too. A kind forward of this email, a sneaky party playlist hijack, nagging your local radio DJ or becoming part of my unofficial promo apparatus are off course all very welcome!Having your friends visiting the GIANTSKY Bandcamp page would also help. Maybe give them this discount code too, to get 20% off on whatever is left in the shop: skyheads2024

Wow, this became a long one. I hope you're OK with it. I hardly ever send out email newsletters, and when I do, I've usually piled up on things I need to get off my chest. Done. Thanks.Thank you for sticking around, and for being you, and please stay in touch! With regards from a partially winter depressed eccentric from the far north. The northern lights sends their regards too. All my best.-Erlend