Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Dirt Poor Robins - TBA (2017-2019)

Dirt Poor Robins 20 Questions on FB Live

Neil talks about it in the Facebook Live video I finally got around to checking out in-full today.

Around the 35 or 40 min mark, he explains some of the details

This ENTIRELY NEW CONCEPT ALBUM will

1) have 1 song per month released starting in April 2018 all the way through April 2019

2) There will be a Podcast where Neil explains/talks about each song and/or lyrics and the concept each month I thought he said.

3) a Graphic Novel for this concept story is in the works and I'm not sure, but it may with this, told in poetic form (or he may have been referring to The Raven Locks story/graphic novel and possibly a stage production

The Raven Locks concept/story very well may be done, or on hiatus, I dunno.

Really good info none-the-less.

This very well also may be a Patreon thing like Kindo/TROK and Three did a few years back.

I'm really looking forward to it now. April ain't too far away!

Also another DPR note, Neil has ANOTHER band called No More Kings with Pete Mitchell of Interstates I believe, and it's pretty power-pop oriented. I haven't been able to check them out yet, but they have like 3 or 4 albums as well. I do like what I've heard.

aka Neil DeGraide is a musical genius!'

I also like some of the questions answered about The Dear Hunter and Jellyfish.