Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Ne Obliviscaris - Urn (2016-2017)

Urn - Ne Obliviscaris 

1. Libera (Part I) – Saturnine Spheres (9:52)
2. Libera (Part II) – Ascent of Burning Moths (2:36)
3. Intra Venus (7:29)
4. Eyrie (11:51)
5. Urn (Part I) – And Within The Void We Are Breathless (7:30)
6. Urn (Part II) – As Embers Dance In Our Eyes (6:38) 

 (45:56)

Mixed feelings to an extent as my take/feeling about this band is not where it once was. However, this seems like a concept album, and 1 that hardly looks extensive being 45 minutes. Maybe this album will be more refined/concrete perhaps?

I suppose my big issue is with them the mixing and production on their 2 proper studio records (Citadel and Portal of I) and the emphasis on Blast Beats and layers. They often feel hot and almost overproduced. 

Mind you, people love them and I am certainly really glad they have found success (or even are still a a band considering the events of a few years ago with their guitarist and Visa issues in Australia, etc).

I guess we'll see. I am I suppose cautiously optimistic about this. When I check out the 1st track below "Intra Venus" my take may change a little.

And the release date just makes it to be included for this year's end of year list with the Halloween deadline just a few days after the October 27th release date. 

Preorders including vinyl below of course.

Also I do wonder if their Patreon program has been going well since they still have it and it's shared. It's great to see if so of course. 

Facebook

Our new album 'URN' is set for release October 27 and we are excited to share with you the first song from it... 'Intra Venus'!
'URN' merch bundles are available to pre-order NOW from the below links:
NeO USA Official Store:
http://www.jsrdirect.com/merch/neobliviscaris
NeO AUSTRALIA Official Store: https://artistfirst.com.au/collections/ne-obliviscaris
Season of Mist EU/USA/AU Stores: http://smarturl.it/NeObliviscarisUrn
Sign up to Patreon: patreon.com/neobliviscaris