Thursday, July 20, 2017

Rest in Peace Chester Bennington

msn.com

Rest in Peace.

Suicide unfortunately.

As I posted on Twitter/FB, I never really was a fan of Linkin Park, but I always liked this song and video.

I can remember distinctly seeing it come on to MTV2 or 1 of the other music channels in the early 2000's. It was when I was back living in Eagan. And I was shocked to learn it was Linkin Park, lol.
And how they didn't have many if any other songs like it.

And I even remember some friends of mine online saying they really liked their debut album Hybrid Theory. Prog fans, etc. I suppose many Dream Theater fans enjoyed some Nu Metal, so it makes some sense.

Anyway, Rest in Peace. I guess he was friends with Chris Cornell and was at his funeral. And today would have been Chris Cornell's 53rd Birthday. I doubt Cornell's passing was the only or even main reason he took his life, but it probably had something to do with it given the timing and date.