Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Eric Nally - Ruby [1B] (2017)



Not sure what to make of this. I like the production overall, and while he seems to be channeling Michael Jackson a bit extensively, I can see how this works. It is very catchy in some ways.

The production SLICK, not unlike "Get Lucky" from Daft Punk for example.

I wonder if the vocals were enhanced, and I'll maybe get a better idea once hearing it with headphones tomorrow at work. But it wouldn't surprise me to learn there is some extensive reverb applied.

Eric Nally by the way, is from the band Foxy Shazam, who were/are a band I saw on tour, I think with The Dear Hunter and a couple of others. It was probably around 2009 or 2010. 2011 maybe, I forget. And their music, I wanted to like, but I guess I felt was kind of a short-lived novelty.

Like it seemed and sounded on paper, including just the name, like something I might like, but I just never found it as charming as say Under the Influence of Giants or something. However, perhaps I will with this?

The fact he was on a song with Macklemore and Lewis though, I can't say increases my interest.