Wednesday, July 12, 2017

New YouTube Channel: deep cuts

deep cuts on YouTube

Not enough time right to elaborate in detail, but I stumbled on this YouTube Channel the other day and I must say, I'm liking a lot of the content. Namely the video below about 5 albums to get into Modern Prog.

fsdasdfdsfdsfdsfdsf

Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused to Sing (2013)
Kevin Gilbert - The Shaming of the True (2000)
Spock's Beard - Snow (2002)
The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute (2005)
Haken - Aquarius (2010)

Of course seeing Kevin's Shaming record in there immediately grabbed my attention. Steven Wilson, The Volta and even Spock's I follow to a point. Haken of course, not my thing, but I follow. Although most usually go with The Mountain (2014?).

His channel though has been going for a little over a year and he has 27 thousand subscribers, lol. I might add more about that at a later time.

But in that sense, he has the reach for this taste in music similar to people like CoverKiller Nation.

This guy's videos are edited of course, so he obviously spends time with them (unlike someone like myself who doesn't have the time really at this point).

And just going through many of his videos and taste, he does cover a lot of mainstream(hipster) stuff as well, but in that sense, he and his channel is unusual and unique. And honestly, I think I'd be up from hearing about it from this channel rather than say The Needle Drop or some others at this point.

Anyway, cool new YouTube Channel find.

deep cuts aka Oliver J is on both Twitter Here and Facebook Here .

Certainly a channel to checkout and maybe pass more along about in here in the future (and maybe fill some of the void left by the loss of MinistryofMusic I suppose).

oh and I chimed in below on my 5 suggested Modern Prog albums (leaving off many of course)

Kevin Gilbert - The Shaming of the True (2000)
dredg - El Cielo (2002)
Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third (2006)
The Dear Hunter - Act II: The Meaning of, and All Things Regarding Ms. Leading (2007)
Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element I (2000)