Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Foals @ First Ave 5/20/13


Picture of Foals

Setlist

 (I'm pretty sure, as it appears this is what they've been playing this whole tour. I just don't fully recall them playing Blue Blood, but perhaps the arrangement was a bit different and I didn't recognize it).

Prelude
Total Life Forever
Balloons
Olympic Airways
My Number
Bad Habit
Milk & Black Spiders
Blue Blood
Spanish Sahara
Red Socks Pugie
Late Night
Providence
Electric Bloom

Encore:

Stepson
Inhaler
Two Steps, Twice


Here's the early comments, more to add tomorrow perhaps (along with something about Sue McLean I hope).

from Facebook:


just got back from a mind-blowing concert from Foals Foals @ First Avenue - Minneapolis, MN . Wow, the Antidotes stuff is so energetic live! I always wondered if their dancey mathrock would be enhanced live, and I was totally right to wonder. They seemed to remind me of a number of my favorite live groups, all in one in a way, like MUTEMATH , Annuals and Local Natives along with their singer/guitarist Yannis Philippakis almost channeling Darroh Sudderth from fair to midland by climbing on top of 1 of the amps.

Man what a show! more perhaps in the blog soon.