Friday, April 6, 2012

The River's Edge Music Festival (St.Paul, MN) 6/23-6/24 2012

link to story

Lineup

Dave Matthews Band
Tool
The Flaming Lips
Brand New
MuteMath
Polica
Motion City Soundtrack
Puscifer
Coheed & Cambria
Scissor Sisters
Diplo
Datsik,
Gardens & Villa
Delta Spirit
Blaqstarr
Kinky
Mexican Institute of Sound
Civil Twilight
Quietdrive
An Horse
AM & Shawn Lee
The Whigs
Hey Rosetta!
K-Flay
Yawn
Kids These Days
Yuna
The Rope



This is all well and good, and in all likelihood, I'll still be in Chicago on the 24th, given the Marillion show is on the 23rd. Along with in St.Paul, The Dear Hunter will be at Station 4 that same evening. Which just hit me, might help them, but also hurt given some people going to this instead.

That all being said, I'd enjoy seeing Mutemath, AM & Shawn Lee and maybe Coheed, but for $75 or $100? lol, yeah, I suppose not. I love Mutemath though, but I just saw them, and have seen them 6 times or whatever.

I suppose one silver lining with this is, perhaps the festival will get better in the coming years, and I'll consider it. Maybe it'll finally be our Coachella or SXSW (or NXNW), but if so, I sure hope it is LESS CORPORATE, which given those prices and the names their bringing, I have my doubts.

Then again, we've had Taste of Minnesota, the Aquatennial Block Party, 10,000 Lakes and Rock the Garden among other festivals for years or even decades, so maybe this isn't anything incredibly new to our town.