Thursday, September 26, 2019

Dirt Poor Robins - Dead Horse, Alaska (GOLD) (2018-2019)

Dead Horse, Alaska (GOLD) is the 2nd of 3 EP's in Dirt Poor Robins Dead Horse, Alaska series is released today, September 26th, 2019.

I only saw/heard some of the trailer clips, but given how awesome Dead Horse, Alaska (RED) is, and this sounds, I think it's already good to proclaim this series of EPs/Dead Horse Alaska an Album of the Year Contender.

When the 3rd and final EP drops? unsure. It's titled Dead Horse, Alaska (BLACK) from memory. if it doesn't get released before Halloween, which I would be surprised if it does, I may pull a liberty and try and squeeze it in.

Or, if it comes out like in January or even late December, I may change my take and have it be in the 2019-2020 Albums Rankings/Race/etc

I dunno. With many records expected this year, getting pushed back until next year, I feel like I may shoe-horn it in.

Or do what I did 1 year with movies, and just include it as an extra, and then put it in next year, next year, lol.

That all being said, I'm natually stoked about this. DPR are officially a staple band for me and ANYTHING they release a very big deal.

I haven't heard this yet though, but I can anticipate listening to it quite a lot in the coming days/weeks/months.

The Saints double/suite sounds epic like a lot of their compositions. But I guess this one may be their most proggy, for lack of a better word.

Also 1 other thought just came to mind: "Dead Horse, Alaska" is for the 3 EPs they are making/made now. But DEAD HORSE the SERIES could extend out much longer I think/hope/wonder.

Also not this, but in November they are finally releasing with artwork and the story, the complete RAVEN LOCKS record on CD.

Oh man, I'm excited to finally own a physical copy of that and that story.

YouTube?..been dormant of late. Long story, but I need to get back to it soon.


1. But Never a Key 06:06
2. Wax Cylinder Sonata 06:24
3. The Saints I 05:36
4. The Saints II 04:29