Friday, September 20, 2019

Artists/Bands who DEFINED 2010-2019 for ME

Here's a semi-accurate list of artists that at this point, when I think of 2010-2019 music, albums +touring, I think of for MY TASTE.

I'm sure I'm missing some names, and would prefer to write even twitter-length blurbs for some, which unlikely but with some time off, maybe I will (right now, I am dealing with no WATER HEATER/NO HOT WATER in my townhouse, so one could guess my priorities).

But we'll see.

I should do an express 2000-20009 list and I am certain already that while I love the names I think for 2010-2019, the 2000-2009 list is rather extensive with a large number of all-time favorites.

Granted, in 2029, the 2010-2019 list THEN may dwarf this current 2010-2019 list, but at this point, I can't deny 2000-2009 I still have more overall love for.

22
Anathema
Arch/Matheos
Barock Project
Josh Benash/Vuvuzela
Bend Sinister
Bent Knee
Brice Plays Drums
Brooke Waggoner
Capital Cities
Cloud Cult
Crippled Black Phoenix
Daft Punk
The Dear Hunter
Dirt Poor Robins
Dream the Electric Sleep
Everything Everything
The Family Crest
Fjokra
Rachel Flowers
Foals
The Galactic Cowboy Orchestra
Gatherer
Gotye
Hotel of the Laughing Tree
iamthemorning
Marketa Irglova
Kimbra
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
Major Parkinson
Mayer Hawthorne
The Mercury Tree
Miracles of Modern Science
Janelle Monae
Mutemath
Ne Oliviscaris
Nordic Giants
nosound
Amanda Palmer
The Reign of Kindo/Kindo
The River Empires/The Gloomcatcher/Falling Up
Small Leaks Sink Ships
Esperanza Spalding
Team Me
Timbre
Typhoon
Vektor
Vennart
Warpaint
Steven Wilson