Tuesday, October 18, 2016

2017 Rock Hall Noms: Yes, ELO, Jane's Addiction NO MONKEES!

Not enough time to do a proper write-up, but I did vote by submitting my email address.

You can with that or with a facebook login. Once per day, which may improve the flooding issue, but does not fix nor actually address more of the important/bigger issues as I posted last year here


if I find the time of course as always, which probably won't be all that soon, I would go for writing a more detailed take on who I want and who I think will get in.

And/or a YouTube video.

But as short as I can, I will just say I think this may be Yes's best shot as among the people who would vote for them, only really have ELO and possibly The Zombies to consider in the Psych/Prog area.

Will it happen? My initial inclination is NO. However, they received a lot of votes in the FAN VOTE last year if I recall. But as I wrote about last year, it really comes down to the 800+ voters a lot more than the 1 vote for the Fans.

Of course so many names still missing like The Moody Blues, Jethro Tull, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and especially THE MONKEES.

Just get on the fucking ballot ONCE please. Their new album with a handful of modern songwriters including Rivers Cuomo and Andy Partridge, and 50th Anniversary didn't seem to do enough this year.

Why the NOMINATING COMMITTEE needs to BE REVEALED and RE-ASSESSED . At least reveal the whole fucking list for once so fans like myself can at least understand ALL OF WHO CONTROLS WHO GETS ON THE BALLOT EVERY YEAR.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hall-of-fame-pearl-jam-tupac-shakur-yes-lead-nominees-w445147



Bad Brains
Cars, The
Chaka Khan
Chic
Depeche Mode
Electric Light Orchestra
J Geils Band
Jane's Addiction
Janet Jackson
Joan Baez
Joe Tex
Journey
Kraftwerk
MC5
Pearl Jam
Steppenwolf
Tupac Shakur
Yes
Zombies, The


oh , the likes of the MC5, Bad Brains and Tupac..is just pitiful to see on there.
Kraftwerk, Depeche Mode, Steppenwolf, Janet Jackson, Chaka Khan, etc I likely won't vote for, but at least I can follow and if they got in I wouldn't be as annoyed.

Pearl Jam are just like Nirvana Jr. Overrated but the media and obsession with them more or less writes their ticket in. Although I'd say the same about Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, Smashiing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters and many others.

I do think Journey will get in, as they have mass popularity, especially since The Sopranos finale using Don't Stop Believin' and then it going viral on iTunes to all the millennial kids.