Monday, June 27, 2016

My 40th Bday Music Listening History WAVE Project (KFAI)

http://kfai.org/wave-project/playlists/20160626

It's finally up to stream and/or download for the next 13 days.

Not enough time right now to add all the thoughts and details about it, and I actually haven't been able to listen to it yet (the upload didn't show up I think until sometime this morning).

But I think it came out  

edit: I was interrupted for something more timely here at work (hence the time limit).

Anyway, I thought it came out about as well as it could have for the most part, given what I was trying to do. That, and the 1-hour was reduced by 3 or 4 minutes incl spots and starting time being maybe a minute or 2 after the hour.

I may try one again when I turn 50, and if I have the time, try to include just tiny clips, I'll see.

or possibly just try something like that when I sub for Modern Kicks or another show, although at least with the WAVE project, I like the fact it is on DURING THE DAY, hence more listeners, etc.

Playlist:
Huey Lewis and the News - Back in Time
Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand
Rush - Natural Science
Marillion - The Great Escape
Toy Matinee - Last Plane Out

Background/Bed Music: Dream Theater - Erotomania + Scarred

+ a whole lot of anecdotes/narrative (i.e. Babbling/and Diarrhea of the mouth, dozens of bands nobody knows)