Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Antlers - Familiars (2014)

I'm just passing this along, but not with huge hopes or anything about it. The new song, while it isn't bad, doesn't necessarily have my interest in this band what it was when I loved Hospice a few years ago.

I suppose I give them the 1-album stumble rule, but I consider the likes of St.Vincent, Russian Circles and many others, and I'm still way more skeptical than hoping they will capture my passion for their music again, as not only was Burst Apart pretty forgettable, but the EP they released in 2012 I think I dismissed even sooner.

But, that being said, I know there are folks who enjoy them and will want to know about this new record of theirs. Hopefully they bring back the extreme falsettos and the textures (they did use trumpet I noticed on the single below), less of the slowcore elements.




https://www.facebook.com/TheAntlers/posts/10103983260485919?stream_ref=10
We're beyond thrilled to tell you that our new album, Familiars, will be released on June 16th in UK via Transgressive Records and June 17th in US via ANTI-. 
Here's the first track, "Palace", with a film by Hana Tajima. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9afJSKCOQQ

With love,
Peter, Michael, & Darby