Friday, June 28, 2013

Jared Micah & Hats -> Jared Micah - TBA (2013?)

https://www.facebook.com/jaredmicahandhats/posts/10151568486317739

New improvisational sets coming this summer. New record being recorded. Sorry for the wait. I had to find myself. Or something.
I'm not sure exactly what this means, but it probably means a new album will be released soon. 2013, or sometime in 2014.
 Jared Micah & Hats are now known or the music will be released just under Jared Micah. The reason I'm excited to hear about this is it's been so long. They released a really nice debut LP T.C.H.T.O.B in 2007, that I stumbled upon in 2008. 
Their music: very similar to Anathallo in a lot of ways, but the songwriting is just really good. And ever since 2008, I hoped more might come, but if I recall, Jared and/or other members moved from Tennessee to NYC. They put up some demos in 2011 on a bandcamp page that may be currently down or gone.

more to add perhaps later. Zeke Zumbach, whose someone I met at Nearfest in 2000, may or may not be involved with this. Zeke I know was Jared's drummer for a period of time.