Sunday, May 14, 2017

Hall and Oates + Tears for Fears in St. Paul, MN 5/11/17

Tears for Fears

Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Secret World
Sowing the Seeds of Love
Advice for the Young at Heart
Everybody Loves a Happy Ending
Change
Mad World
Memories Fade
Creep (Radiohead cover)
Pale Shelter
Break It Down Again
Head Over Heels

Encore
Shout

Hall and Oates

Adult Education
Maneater
Out of Touch
Say It Isn't So
You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' (The Righteous Brothers cover)
One on One
Possession Obsession
She's Gone
Sara Smile
Wait for Me
Is It a Star
Method of Modern Love
I Can't Go For That
You Make My Dreams

Encore
Rich Girl
Kiss on My List
Private Eyes

here's my post on the Dreamtheaterforums:

saw this show on Thursday.

Tears for Fears were good, although it took a little while to get warmed up to them. I forgot how good a song "Break it Down Again" is.

Curt Smith's voice has sounded better, but oddly, he seemed as much the frontman as Roland, which I always figured Roland was more of the frontman.

The opener Allen Stone I guess played for 10 minutes, lol. 

I didn't even get inside until after TFF had almost finished "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" which was at 7:15, 5 minutes after Allen Stone had finished.

Not sure if that's been typical of this tour (early start, Allen Stone only playing 10 minutes), or something that The XCel Energy Center required.

As for Hall and Oates, the different arrangements I kind of liked, but my wife did not. Even "Method of Modern Love," she was so thrown off by it, she had to listen to the original version the 1st thing after we got home.

Also the extended jams were not all that kosher for my wife and friends we went with.

It's probably worth adding with the Radiohead cover. Radiohead should be covering TFF, not the other way around (although Prince actually also covered Creep at Coachella a number of years ago).

Also the show ended on a bit of a Sour note for me as I found a parking ticket on my car. Long story, but I can't see myself not appearing at the Courthouse to argue it down. I even took pictures.