Monday, December 23, 2013

Rachel Flowers: Covering Frank Zappa's "Inca Roads" + more



I've never heard of this quite talented young musician until just a bit ago, but I guess her talents have been known for quite awhile among some progressive rock and jazz fans.

As noted, posted above is her cover of Frank Zappa's classic piece "Inca Roads." Quite an interesting arrangement. And I'm not sure if she plays absolutely everything, but it wouldn't surprise me. And I guess she shares a birthday the man himself too, lol.

Here's a video of her playing back some recordings of her own with I guess what is her jazz group?



one of her original pieces live?..this has her playing flute and keys simultaneously, lol.


There are number of other videos on Youtube including a Joe Jackson medley and a bunch of ELP including her covering Karn Evil 9.



I just liked her page on FB, so perhaps more stuff will cross my radar about this young woman's music. But just from watching a few videos and her Inca Roads cover, I'm curious what she may do in the future.