Friday, January 18, 2013

ROS Fest 2013: Shadow Gallery and Pain of Salvation


http://rosfest.com/

They have Shadow Gallery and Pain of Salvation. Shadow Gallery are also playing at ProgPower USA in September.

I'd love to cross them off the ole bucket list, even though without Mike Baker, it likely wouldn't feel as unique. But beggars of course...(like Kevin Gilbert's music live).


RoSfest 2013 schedule

Friday May 3rd
Bolus – 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
The Flower Kings – 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm

Saturday May 4th
Jolly – 11:00 am to 12:30 pm
Pain of Salvation – 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm
Believe - 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Riverside – 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm

Sunday May 5th
Dream The Electric Sleep – 11:00 am to 12:30 pm
Moetar – 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm
Believe – 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Shadow Gallery – 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm



REGULAR SEAT TICKET INFO

Regular seat tickets go on sale February 2nd, 2013 at twelve noon. - Ticket price $125.00
Friday night show case tickets - $50.00
Regular seat tickets go on sale February 2nd at 12 noon through the Majestic Theater Box Office. 
Regular seat tickets may only be purchased on the Majestic Theater website or through the box office by calling (717) 337-8200, or in person at 25 Carlisle Street during box office hours (Sunday: 3-7:30PM, Monday-Saturday: 12 noon-7:30PM).
RoSfest is in its tenth year, with this year's event being held in the aptly named Majestic Theater in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. The festival takes place on May 4th, 5th and 6th 2013.
Majestic Theater website - http://www.gettysburgmajestic.org/ and click BUY TICKET Tab and scroll down to the show to purchase tickets. 

Estimating the cost,
$125: ticket
$566: Flight + Hotel
$150: Estimated Food + Merch

Approx. $850 unless I split a Hotel with someone, lol. The ProgPower show might not be quite as expensive and as far as I know, won't conflict with something else right now (although I would like to go SF with the gf whose never been to the best Music Store in America in Amoeba Records, sometime it August..which at least her and I would likely be able to stay with my Aunt instead of a Hotel), but still the cost easily adds up to $500+ even splitting a Hotel Room, lol.

Festivals cost a lot of money, but I have known that for many years. And regular venues and tours can't book obscure prog metal bands like Shadow Gallery and Pain of Salvation unfortunately. I would almost rather pay them $20 to watch them on Stageit.com or something, lol.

The day I'm in a tax bracket where $500-$1000 is like pocket change to me, I'll be happy to dispense that level of cash for these things. But I wonder if that day will ever come. I attended/was able to afford to see a number of these and just special out of town shows, partially based on having free plane tickets from the Airlines per being bumped for a later flight. But that hasn't happened in a long time unfortunately, and thus, I don't attend as many of these things as I used to.

However the idea of attending this thing is more or less MOOT given,

Steven Wilson is playing in Minneapolis for the 1st time in 8 years on May 4th, 2013. My girlfriend (who hates prog by the way) has a birthday on May 4th.

If another show with Shadow Gallery and Pain of Salvation could be scheduled for another weekend in May or June, say in Chicago, I'd be up for that instead.