Saturday, February 5, 2011

Timmy Sean & the Celebrities - East Coast Girls and West Coast Dreams (2011) (1.0)



Timmy's facebook announcement
I am THRILLED to announce that I have signed with Lowe Records to not only release the debut Sir Video LP in 2011, but also to release the first album from my brand new band TIMMY SEAN & THE CELEBRITIES, East Coast Girls And West Coast Dreams ("Like" us here:)! While Sir Video will be slimming down to a duo consisting of John Tiedemann & myself, Timmy Sean & The Celebrities will be a huge line-up of powerhouse musicians including John on drums, Michael J. Roxx on guitar, Frankie Pedano on keys and vocals, and a rotating cast of charlatans on bass, guitar, keys & horns including Chris LeFevre (TheChristie Lenée project, The Mahoney Brothers), Dan "Sally" Salyerds (LUZER), and more!

Whereas my debut solo album "Songs From & Inspired By Noisewater" gave a home for all of my Brian Wilson/Jon Brion/Jeff Lynne inspired material, Sir Video has become a perfect outlet for my love of dance and pop music. Unfortunately this has left a void for my biggest love of straight-ahead guitar-driven Weezeresque/Fountains Of Waynesque/Cheap Trickesque powerpop rock 'n roll that was such a big part of my life for so long with LUZER. Enter Timmy Sean & The Celebrities stage left...

Not only do I have a full-album worth of material ready to go for Timmy Sean & The Celebrities, but I decided that my initial decision to not perform anything from "Noisewater" live was...well...no fun. So beginning with a very-special-soon-to-be-announced event in April, I will be debuting my new band live and performing material from both the upcoming Celebrities record, as well as never-before-performed-live tracks from my 2010 debut solo LP!

Recording for both projects will commence in 18 days in South Carolina with multi-platinum producer (and all around swell guy) Kenny Gioia at the helm, followed by that previously mentioned very special live event for our North East friends and fans in April.

FINALLY, we will then soon after be packing up our guitars and toys (and toy guitars) and FINALLY relocating to our new label's small hometown of Los Angeles, CA!

The guys and I are beyond excited for ALL OF THIS, and would like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to the one and only Mr. Mike Lowe for making every bit of this happen!

Many more details (and some music sneak peeks) coming very soon and very often!

So, this sounds like something to keep up on. Timmy's 2010 solo debut album Songs From & Inspired By Noisewater I honestly only listened to the last 6 weeks of the year, but it quickly bacame one of my favorites, placing pretty high on the 2010 Index.

But from this posting, Timmy has 2 records coming this year, this one, and another from this band Sir Video. What I'm curious about is, how the Celebrities record will differ from the Sir Video one, and both from his debut record from last year. Sir Video might be more singer/songwriter and the Celebrities more layered. My guess is the Celebrities album will resemble more of the Beach Boys/Queen kind of stuff I loved on the record from last year. But I'm looking forward to hearing both of these albums.

There's some samples (demos) already up here, and they have a sampler called The Free Three I guess for a show the Celebrities are doing in April.