Friday, October 15, 2010

Claudia Deheza leaves School of Seven Bells


facebook link
Hi everybody. We just wanted to let you all know that Claudia has left the band for personal reasons. In the meantime, we are excited to continue to write and tour as usual, and we're very much looking forward to seeing you all at our upcoming shows. ♥ Alley and Benjamin

not that I regard myself as a huge fan of theirs, and the show last month, while it was good (namely the heavy acidic ending), it wasn't as good as last years show with Warpaint where they used projections. But I still like them and would be interested at least seeing them live again. But with her leaving, I wonder how they will continue, namely live. But they are still somehow. I guess I can feel fortunate I still got to see them while she was with the band.

Why she left? who knows. I just recall chatting with 1 of the twins after the show and she was really nice. I mentioned their old band (On Air Library) who I've never heard before. I wonder if it was her or her sister Alley who I was chatting with. I forget. I think it was Alley. I gave her a business card and I recall also mentioning how the music industry is a game of luck. Talking about Warpaint and Local Natives.

Wow, it just supports my thoughts about it being easier as an individual songwriter, rather than a band of any number of members and relying on everyone to be available and interested all at the same time. Kevin Gilbert had the right idea in a lot of ways doing things your own individual way, solo, not wanting towork in the scope of a band, etc. It's just sad to see this, along with the numbers of bands who keep going on hiatuses, I find out about seemingly every month if not more often.

I guess I'm going to have to seek out that On Air Library music now.