Friday, June 9, 2017

Steven Wilson - To the Bone (2016-2017)

6/9/17 12:21PM
Haven't heard it, but here's another new song, more electronic I guess.
"Song of I" Stream 

Official Video Stream 

6/2/17 10:45 PM

"The Same Asylum as Before" Streaming Here

It's also streaming on YouTube.

Very good track. Reminds me of some of the more riffy yet catchy Porcupine Tree.



5/8/17 10:51PM-5/9/17 10:36AM

edit: official site's details including cover and some Tour dates (Europe so far)


Per the below link, the title is To the Bone and will be released on August 18th.

The image below I don't believe is a confirmed cover art, but who knows, maybe it'll end up being the cover or in the artwork for the album.

The video below is for "Pariah" and as noted, features Ninet Tayeb whose been working with Steven now for a few years (and was on Hand.Cannot.Erase if I recall).

There's also a little clip linked below from Facebook that show the track list.


5/9/17 10:30AM
Also among other details about this album (progressive pop in the vein of Peter Gabriel's So as noted in the link below), Andy Partridge of XTC (who recently wrote a great tune "You Bring the Summer" for The Monkees last album), co-wrote 2 songs I guess on this album. Which the description of "progressive pop" seems fitting in a lot of ways.

"progressive Pop" when done well, is actually one of my favorites kinds of music; and Steven has good history in that style with many songs from Porcupine Tree, Blackfield and his Solo records at times.

Also the title. It's odd how there's a lyric I recall in the new Pain of Salvation album that uses that? and also years ago, Oceansize used that phrase on Everyone into Position I recall. Common phrase, I know, but those 2 come to mind.

prog-sphere sitory




1. To the Bone
2. Nowhere Now
3. Pariah
4. The Same Asylum As Before
5. Refuge
6. Permanating
7. Blank Tapes
8. People Who Eat Darkness
9. Song of I
10. Detonation
11. Song of Unborn


Short clip




This is the track ‘Pariah’, a duet with the wonderful Ninet Tayeb.

Clip of the title track.