Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fates Warning - Darkness in a Different Light (2013)

9/11/13 12:00PM

"I Am." No idea wtf happened to that Firefly link below, but I just re-embedded it.


 

8/20/13 11:38AM

Firefly.


the track from the podcast was "Into the Black" by the way (I didn't listen long enough to hear it mentioned).

quote link

Vocalist Ray Alder tells Classic Rock: “Firefly is very personal to me in more ways than one.

“After I’d written the melody I knew immediately what the title was going to be, as well as the subject. I’m pretty sure we’ve all felt this way at one time or another: that sometimes things just don’t work out the way you think they would, but that’s okay, it’s part of life, and we move on.

“Ironically, I was outside the studio one night while recording it, and there they were – fireflies floating through the trees in the forest. I hadn’t seen a single firefly for at least 15 years so I took it as a sign. A sign of what, I don’t know; but very ironic nonetheless…”



 8/17/13 12:24PM
Go to 26 minutes and 30 seconds of this podcast to hear a new song "Into the Black"

I did last check it out last and thought it was good, but not like it blew me away or anything.

I noticed also at least 1 review, which is fine they sent out promos, but I always wonder how they decide that kind of stuff. Likely the reviewers and podcasts like that one are totally in bed with Insideout (posting/.playing ads and whatnot). In other words, something I don't love the idea doing, but still wouldn't mind being approached about anyway (I have always felt ads are a nuisance and something that would detract me as a reader, thus why I never have, but could have put them up).

Anyway, hopefully more streams, videos and whatnot will come soon enough.


8/13/13 4:50PM

I want to retire from Preorders (mainly because they never seem to arrive on-time, let alone early, lol), however, I'm a bigger fan of this band, than most. Plus, $11 is well, only $11 I guess.

Pre Order Link


CD 1
01. One Thousand
02. Firefly
03. Desire
04. Falling
05. I Am
06. Lighthouse
07. Into the Black
08. Kneel And Obey
09. O Chloroform
10. And Yet It Moves

CD 2
01. Firefly (Extended)
02. Falling Further
03. One (Live)
04. Life In Still Water (Live)


8/1/13 12:09PM
Release Date is September 27th.  Fates Warning Facebook Post

FATES WARNING – Reveal new album title, artwork and release date; Announce tourdates!

U.S. Progressive Metal pioneers FATES WARNING have finally returned with their first studio album release in about a decade! Entitled “Darkness In A Different Light”, the album will be released on September 30th, 2013 in Europe and October 1st, 2013 in North America via InsideOutMusic.

“Darkness In A Different Light” is FATES WARNING’s first album of new material since the release of “FWX” in 2004 and also marks the first release for the band’s stellar current line-up of Ray Alder (vocals), Jim Matheos and Frank Aresti (guitars), Joey Vera (bass) and Bobby Jarzombek (drums).

The album was produced by Matheos and mixed by long time FATES WARNING engineer Phil Magnotti, while mastering was handled by Maor Appelbaum at Maor Appelbaum Mastering, California.
The (above pictured) artwork for the album was designed by Conte di San Pietro.

FATES WARNING vocalist Ray Alder checked in with a comment as follows:

"Darkness in a Different Light" is the result of almost two years of very hard work from everyone in the band.
I believe that this line-up is the best that Fates has ever had, and I also think that it comes through in the music on this album. It's been almost nine years since our last studio album and I couldn't be more proud of what we've accomplished here.
We are looking very much forward to playing some new songs for our fans who have stuck by us over all these years. We plan on touring as much as possible for "Darkness in a Different Light" and hopefully we'll hit a few places we've never been...

Indeed, FATES WARNING already have headlining touring runs confirmed for October in Europe and November/December in North America, with further live activity to follow in 2014.
See http://fateswarning.com/ for the complete list of tour dates.




Fanboy-excitement of course. I've said it many times, but I'd love for them to bring back Terry Brown to work with Ray Alder on his vocal lines, but that seems pretty unlikely anytime soon with anything Ray or Jim Matheos related.

But, 1 more of the 5 2013 Blue Chip albums is now happening (The Reign of Kindo already did of course).  The 1st FW LP since FWX. For some reason, I wonder if this record will sound much if anything like FWX; mainly because the stuff Jim has done since (and Ray for that matter), hasn't been so much like FWX.

Track list, samples, streams, etc all I imagine will be coming in the coming days/weeks. Also a bit ironic how it drops the same week as the new Dream Theater album.

Also I think I posted some stuff about the tour dates they are doing this fall, but the link above, Google or a search in here should provide that.