Friday, February 17, 2012

Margot & the Nuclear So & So's - Rot Gut, Domestic (2012)




























1 Disease Tobacco Free
2 Books About Trains
3 Shannon
4 Prozac Rock
5 Journalist Falls In Love With Deathrow Inmate #16
6 Frank Left
7 Fisher of Men
8 Arvydas Sabonis
9 Coonskin Cap
10 Ludlow Junk Hustle
11 Devil
12 Christ


This new album is being released on March 20th. I recall they had a Kickstarter campaign that helped the making/releasing of it. I probably posted something about that a few months ago, along with the rehash about this band. But to reiterate briefly, I will definitely listen to this album, but I don't expect much. It largely goes back to the dramatic lineup changes they made in 2009. And their last record Buzzard very much reflected that. The horns, strings, and even keys are not around really anymore.

But, maybe this will end up surprising me. I guess if it ends up in the vein of Buzzard, I'm not sure how much more of a shark jump they can make. I'll likely look at them much like I look at Murder By Death now, although in their MBD's case, they didn't really change band members, just sound/songwriting approach.

Here's a video for the 1st single "Prozac Rock" stoner-ish, and not chamber-ish sadly.



Here's an interview that may give more insight about this record and the state of the band now. I haven't read it yet, but perhaps once I get to, some things about the band will be more clear. Even just what the departed members, like Andy and Chris Fry are doing now.

Music Family Tree's interview part 1
Music Family Tree's interview part 2