Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Opeth - Heritage (2011) (1.0)

7/27/11 9:20AM
I know I'm almost a day late, but I didn't see anything about it yesterday somehow. But for those like me who didn't see it yet, here's 1st single "The Devil's Orchard":



Or Go Here to listen



6/1/11 12:20PM



01. Heritage
02. The Devil's Orchard
03. I Feel The Dark
04. Slither
05. Nepenthe
06. Haxprocess
07. Famine
08. The Lines In My Hand
09. Folklore
10. Marrow Of The Earth


5/25/11 11:37AM-5/26/11 2:02PM

press release

OPETH ANNOUNCE NEW ALBUM DETAILS

RSS Feed
Posted on May 26, 2011
OPETH, one of the most revered and respected bands in metal, release ‘Heritage’, their third album for Roadrunner on September 19th. The first video and single will be for the track 'The Devil’s Orchard'. ‘Heritage’ follows up 2008’s ‘Watershed’ and 2005’s ‘Ghost Reveries’, each of which brought the forward-thinking, genre-bending band some of the best reviews of their career.

Opeth frontman and guitarist Mikael Åkerfeldt weighed in on ‘Heritage’, saying, "It will be our 10th album/observation. I dig it; we all do. In fact, it feels like I've been building up to write for, and participate on an album like this since I was 19."

Åkerfeldt went a little deeper and described the music contained within ‘Heritage’, saying, "It's quite intense at times in some 'old' murky way, and quite beautiful and stark at times, if I may say so myself. It's obvious I'm going to say nice things about it since I wrote basically the whole piece, but I guess it will raise a few eyebrows and it certainly is an acquired taste. I think you'll need a slightly deeper understanding of our music as a whole to be able to appreciate this record. I've realized my influences for this album are so diverse that I can't really say what it sounds like. If I can compare it to any other band, it would have to be Opeth, but it's different from the stuff we've done before. I've listened a lot to Alice Cooper for the last year, yet I can't say it sounds like 'No More Mr Nice Guy'. I hope you'll like it once you hear it."

The album was produced by Åkerfeldt and mixed along with labelmate and friend, Porcupine Tree frontman/guitarist Steven Wilson. Longtime collaborator Travis Smith also worked with Åkerfeldt to create, design and execute the album’s artwork.

Track listing for ‘Heritage’ is as follows:

Heritage
The Devil's Orchard"
I Feel the Dark"
Slither
Nepenthe
Haxprocess
Famine
The Lines in My Hand
Folklore
Marrow of the Earth

‘Heritage’ will be released in several configurations that will certainly ignite the interest of Opeth’s legion of fans, known for their passion for collecting and collectibles. The album will be released as a standard version, as a special edition loaded with extras, as a box set exclusive to the bands own official Omerch webstore and as a double vinyl LP. Something for every Opeth fan!

Meanwhile, Opeth will be appearing at the Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth Park on Sunday 10th July.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



and bmouth


Swedish progressive metallers OPETH will release their tenth album, "Heritage", on September 20 via Roadrunner Records. The CD was produced by OPETH vocalist/guitarist Mikael Åkerfeldt and was recorded earlier this year at Atlantis studios (formerly Metronome studios) in Stockholm. Mixing duties were handled by Steven Wilson (PORCUPINE TREE) and Åkerfeldt. Longtime collaborator Travis Smith also worked with Åkerfeldt to create, design and execute the album's artwork.

"Heritage"
will be released in several configurations that will certainly incite the interest of OPETH's legion of fans, known for their passion for collecting and collectibles. The album will be released as a standard version; as a special edition loaded with extras; as a box set exclusive to the Roadrunner and the band's own official Omerch webstore; and as a double LP. There is something for every OPETH fan, thanks to this variety of options.

Commented
Åkerfeldt, "It will be our 10th album/observation. I dig it; we all do. In fact, it feels like I've been building up to write for and participate on an album like this since I was 19."

Åkerfeldt
went a little deeper and described the music contained within "Heritage", saying, "It's quite intense at times in some 'old' murky way, and quite beautiful and stark at times, if I may say so myself.

"It's obvious I'm going to say nice things about it since I wrote, basically, the whole piece, but I guess it will raise a few eyebrows and it certainly is an acquired taste.


"I think you'll need a slightly deeper understanding of our music as a whole to be able to appreciate this record.


"I've realized my influences for this album are so diverse that I can't really say what it sounds like.


"If I can compare it to any other band, it would have to be
OPETH, but it's different from the stuff we've done before.

"I've listened a lot to
ALICE COOPER for the last year, yet I can't say it sounds like 'No More Mr. Nice Guy'.

"I hope you'll like it once you hear it."


"Heritage"
track listing:

01.
Heritage
02. The Devil's Orchard

03. I Feel The Dark

04. Slither

05. Nepenthe

06. Haxprocess

07. Famine

08. The Lines In My Hand

09. Folklore

10. Marrow Of The Earth


OPETH
will embark on a seven-week, headline tour of the U.S. Dates will be announced imminently.




facebook link
We can exclusively reveal that the new Opeth album will be titled 'HERITAGE'. The record is due for release through Roadrunner Records in September. More details to follow soon.


 title sounds pretty Opeth-like. I just hope it's better than Watershed.

edit: September 20th is the Street Date.

11/19/10 1:37AM


Thread from the Unofficial Opeth Forum

"8 new songs for next Opeth-album, Metronom Studio in the end of January

I just read an interview with Mikael Åkerfeldt in Scream Magazine #151 (Norway's biggest metal/hard rock-magazine). It featured very interesting news regarding the next album! According to Mikael Opeth have written 8 songs so far. They won't enter the studio before they have 15-20 songs ready. Opeth will enter the studio in the end of January. The studio they will use is Abba's old studio Metronom in Stockholm. Mikael wants to have a 70s-sound on the album, more precisely like the album had been released in 1978. Mikael mentioned that there are some very dark tones on the new material. One song is a tribute to Ronnie James Dio. This song might be on the album, but maybe not on the regular edition. "

70's vibe? Deep Purple meets Dio meets Black Sabbath meets Camel? (just thinking about Mikael's taste and what can be Opethian.

hmm hopefully it'll end up better than how Pain of Salvation tried that. Watershed is a mediocre album by Opeth's standards. How much do people even talk about it now?..it sure doesn't have that 2008-Apes and Androids impact now nearly 3 years later.

But, I do want new Opeth :)

However, I'd be pretty surprised if this new album is better than the new Agalloch.