Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Latest Novel - Good Bees, Strong Hives (2012)



This is a band I first came across in Alternative Press "100 Bands You Need to Know" issue, I want to say in 2007. They were compared to Anathallo and from Scotland. And that comparison actually I don't find bad, or inaccurate. But they made a terrific 2nd LP in 2009 titled Deaths and Entrances. So much so, I really was surprised how much I enjoyed, and found myself going back to it..

They use strings well, vocal harmonies, etc Nice melodies and use of dynamics. Chamber instrumentation, like a lot of groups of recent years. Although it could be said they were around before many of them.

But we'll see how they follow up Deaths and Entrances soon when this thing drops, which based on some comments, could be the 1st half of 2012.

Wikipedia says:

My Latest Novel are currently working on their as yet untitled third album featuring songs with working titles such as "What's the Secret Eugene?", "This Afternoon I Died", "Good Bees/Strong Hives" and "The Weather Song".



http://www.facebook.com/mylatestnovel
http://www.mylatestnovel.com/