Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Silent Film - The City That Sleeps (2008)

myspace



Well I can't exactly add a huge amount of depth of an opinion yet about it/this band, as I only just listened to this debut album of theirs earlier today. But I was pretty impressed by it. Very well written clean, melodic, adult-contemporary pop/rock tunes. I found myself liking this band very much how I like music from Coldplay, One Republic or even U2.

It's not prog, no. And it's not even as technical or jazzy as The Reign of Kindo, but it's definitely well thought-out music (and lacking cheesey, melodramatic lyrics). Production quality is not lacking either.

This debut record dropped in 2008, so maybe this UK group has a follow-up in the works already. I did see the name in "Alternative Press: 100 Bands You Need To Know for 2010" so that may mean something.



No comments :