Saturday, March 27, 2010

Refused to do a REUNION?

Enemy link

not that I am overly thrilled about this as I only recently heard this band, but it's good news to pass along.


Radio 1 DJ Zane Lowe also painted further evidence of a possible reformation when he expressed his delight on his Twitter page earlier today (March 27) adding: "This. Is. HUGE!!!!!, Refused have reformed."

edit: now I'm confused. someone on last.fm says it's just a LIVE reunion. And then DJ Zane Lowe (whose cited in that Enemy story) has posted this on his twitter "Refused Are Coming"!!!??... I'm sorry but that is playing on peoples hopes. Oh well, apologies for the false alarm.

official Refused site as it says there "Coming Soon."

amongst the hardcore vox, they do have a lot of experimental, textural (the guitars mainly) and cool melodic sections, from hearing "The Shape of Punk to Come: A Chimerical Bombination in 12 Bursts" (1998)



it might be interesting to see what 12 years of music history/influence will bring to their music now. Although I'm not sure it did a ton for the Glassjaw reunion. But I already dig these guys more than Glassjaw.