Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More (2009)

myspace



Another record I and as I'm noticing many others were not familiar with when it dropped last year, but now am catching-up on. Like the A Silent Film record, I only have heard this once, but was impressed enough by it to already believe it's worth telling about.

They are playing in Minneapolis the same evening Midlake are. Which show will be less? unless I win free tix (like Laura Veirs) I may lean towards seeing these guys, as their music sounds like it would translate really well live.

They are kind of in the chamber, dramatic folk style just having to describe them in some specific way. A bit like The Swell Season I suppose. Although they are from England, their singer and music almost sounds Irish.

And the song that 89.3 and other places are playing is hardly the best track on this record. I believe this song "Thistle and Weeds," among a few others, was one of the best tracks on here. The crescendo really works.

No comments :