Monday, July 26, 2010

Toria - Toria (Demo/EP, 2009)



last.fm
myspace

Just a short piece about this new band I stumbled upon over the weekend. They are from Latvia, their music could be described as post-rock and progressive-rock and instrumental-rock and rock-music-that-uses-samples.

They use subtle textures, dynamics (slow and soft, to loud and heavy) and audio samples rather well.

The band they reminded me of the most? 2009 favorite note. from Germany.

This ep/demo is only 3 tracks, but it's got a lot of what I enjoy in "post" or just instrumental rock music, even with somewhat low-fi production (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

I hope they can continue on and gain a wider audience, as I'm not sure how difficult it may be in their circumstances. But I probably will try and keep tabs on them as best I can given how impressed I was by their music today.