Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Joneses - (2010)





Casting David Duchovny, who I last saw and enjoyed in 2007's The TV Set Demi Moore and Gary Cole, based on the previews, this looked like potentially pretty good. I guess given it came across as Amway: the Family version, it didn't go too far with me. Although Duchovny and Cole actually, I felt did a pretty good job. Mulder playing the fake father/golf-product salesman. And Cole being the friendly male-bonding neighbor who wasn't as affluent as he seems.

I suppose the sarcasm and some of where the story ends up going, while partly Hollywood, still allows it to work. And if you are a fan of the cast, you'd find most of this worth checking out. But my skepticism on known ensemble casts with memorable trailers has been risen. See Couples Retreat from last year, although I still feel that movie was not nearly as bad as it was made out to be.

68/100