Saturday, August 1, 2009

Phish to play Genesis "The Lamb" Halloween'09?

I haven't found a link that confirms it, but with a bit more google-ing, I'm sure I'd be able to. There is this

Halloween announcement here and 1 reply mentions hope for it.

But I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who claimed they will be doing the full The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway on Halloween in that part of California.



Kevin Gilbert's band Giraffe of course did most of it at ProgFest'94 but of course that was now 15 years ago, lol. And the much gossiped reunion of Genesis-including-Peter_Gabriel became a long-winded series of rumors and *gossip* and nothing more than that.

Who knows if Dream Theater ever considered it, it's too long a record for 1 of their classic album shows anyway. Plus I'm kind of skeptical beyond Mike and Jordan, if the other members really are into Genesis that much unfortunately (unlike Yes).

So, this may be 1 of the last chances to hear it, now, some 35 years later. The recordings will surface and I'm sure it'll be 1 of a handful of new official bootlegs from them. Which frankly, I'm not all that crazy about save for those cool Halloween classic-album shows. But I may have to look for a recording when it surfaces still.

I still say more people need to know-about and try the Dark City The_Lamb movie/album synchronization thing. I mean c'mon, they both even are exactly-100_minutes in length!, lol.

No comments :